Saturday, November 18, 2017

Cafemutual interviewed me...


Cafemutual intervewed me recently when they were looking for the most (top 3) followed mutual fund advisors on twitter. The below is what they published


Getting a loyal following on twitter is every advisor’s dream. While most advisors are yet to reach their first 1000 followers, these two IFAs have taken social media presence to a whole new level. They have not just established themselves as thought leaders but managed to get more than 10,000 followers. In this interview with Cafemutual, they reveal their unique style of tweeting.


Mahesh Mirpuri of Invest Mutual, Chennai
@invest_mutual
Followers: 11368
Joined on: July 2011
I started using Twitter before I became an IFA. I believe since Twitter is a social media, one should focus on personal interests and passions. Hence, apart from mutual funds, I post tweets on personal finance, Sanskrit and Vedanta.
In fact, in my profile description too, I have specifically mentioned this to let my followers know what type of posts to expect from me.
By sharing infographics and giving commentary on news or articles, I am able to reach out to a wide audience. In fact, many people in my Vedanta and Sanskrit lists have approached me for financial advice.
In addition, I make it a point not to give advice on Twitter. I keep it strictly for socializing. If someone asks me a mutual fund query, I encourage him or her to become my client first.
My advice to advisors is to increase interaction with people on social media. If someone has posted a tweet, reply immediately. I am never shy of replying to industry leaders, CEOs, CIOs and fund managers. By interacting with various people, I have increased my visibility. Recently, a fund manager approached me telling he recognised me from Twitter. 

1 comment:

  1. "
    I've known Mahesh for almost all my life. He is an avid believer in lifelong learning and is not averse to sharing his invaluable insights; now, with the advent of social media, Mahesh is sharing even more - all to our benefit!
    Go Mahesh!

    ReplyDelete